Hi, lovelies! Today I'm continuing my posts on my lipstick collection. This time I'm showing you my nude shades. You'll notice that almost all of my nudes are quite dark, more on the brown/beige side. That's because my natural lip color is a pinky brown shade. Also, sometimes I get quite tan and I don't want my nude lips to contrast too much with my face. Hope you find a color you like! You can find swatches of my red lipsticks here. Tell me, what are your all-time favorite nudes?
1. Revlon Lip Butter in "Creamsicle": This is my least favorite nude and Lip Butter in general. It's really light so it's not the most flattering color on me. Plus, the formula settles into lip lines and shows dryness easily.
2. Revlon ColorBurst in "Soft Nude": This used to be my favorite nude lipstick in high school. It's a gorgeous lipstick but needs so much reapplying. The ColorBurst line doesn't wear too long in general.
3. L'Oreal Colour Riche in "Fairest Nude": Currently, this is my third favorite nude. It's really flattering and has a little bit of pink in it.
4. Rimmel by Kate Moss in "08": All the Kate Moss lipsticks I've tried have had a great formula and this is no exception. The thing that keeps me from wearing this often is that I find it a bit too cool toned on me.
5. MAC in "Velvet Teddy": My favorite nude and one of my favorite lipsticks in general. It has a really good matte finish, not drying at all. For me the color is perfection and the closest to my natural lip color. Lip swatch here.
6. MAC in "Mehr": Really pretty color and has a great formula as well. It's slightly cool toned, like a dirty rose color. Lip swatch here.
7. NYX in "Thalia": This lipstick is gorgeous and has a great formula. I hardly reach for it because the color is cool toned and ashy. On my skin tone it's the nude equivalent to a vampy lip: feels appropriate only on certain occasions and takes some confidence to pull off.
8. Guerlain L'Extrait in "Avarice": I forgot to swatch this one in the third image because it was in my purse. Anyways, the formula for this is amazing! It dries and looks a little lighter on. I've swatched it on my lips here.