When the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains came out everyone said they were dupes for the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints and the Clinique Chubby Sticks. Sadly, I don't own any Chubby Sticks so I can only compare Tarte and Revlon. These products are almost identical. They're both twist-up balm stains with overly long names :)
I own only 1 Tarte lip tint because they're pretty expensive. I have 3 Revlon stains but I'm going to be comparing the a red color from each brand. Here are my thoughts on both products:
- The Revlon formula is a little thicker and waxier. It's not drying, but certainly not hydrating. I disagree with the balm labeling.
- The Tarte formula is thin (like an actual lip balm). It's moisturizing and can actually serve as a balm for me.
- Both formulas are sheer but can be built up to get many looks.
- Both formulas have a peppermint oil and feel really nice on the lips
- Tarte is more expensive ($24). Revlon is $9-7 (depending on where you buy it)
- Both leave a gorgeous stain after the shine is gone.
- Both have a really pretty color selection.
Which one do I like better?
Tarte LipSurgence but only by a little.
The Just Bitten pencils are very nice products, but they don't treat the lips. The Tarte pencil improves the condition of my lips (like an actual balm).
Which one would I actually repurchase?
The Revlon Just Bitten pencils because of the price difference. I can get about 4 Revlon pencils (with drugstore promotions and discounts) for the price of 1 LipSurgence!! Plus, I can just add a lip balm underneath if I wanted to treat my lips.
Bottom Line: If you don't mind spending more money, I recommend Tarte because the formula is hydrating and the ingredients are nicer (jojoba oil, vitamin C & E, etc.) They also have a bigger color selection and diverse finishes (shiny, matte, shimmery). Honestly though, they are almost the same. They both feel very comfortable on the lips. I totally consider them dupes. I won't be buying the Tarte ones again because they are so expensive.