Hello, beauties! As some of you know, I love me some bold, colorful makeup. However, when it comes to blues I'm more selective. I think aquas, sky, and Tiffany blues look terrible on me. Basically anything in the cyan family. I do love navy, indigo, and periwinkle. When I posted my NYX Morocco Makeup Look I noticed that I had somewhat similar shades so I decided to dedicate a whole post to blues. If you don't feel comfortable enough wearing blue on the lid (or as the main color), try it in the lower lashline or inner corners.
Top to bottom, left to right: Inglot 426, MAC Deep Truth, MAC Banafsaji, L'Oreal Midnight Blue, NYX Morocco
01. Inglot 426 ($6): This is the lightest of them all and the one that is the furthest from my comfort zone. I wouldn't call this a navy at all actually. I initially intended to buy 428 because it's closer to MAC's Deep Truth. 428 was sold out so I ended up with this. In hindsight I should have just gotten a different color altogether. Anyways, the pigmentation is good but it needs layering. It has a frosty finish.
02. MAC Deep Truth ($12): This is a gorgeous navy with a metallic/frost finish. A good eyeshadow overall but not MAC's best. Just like Inglot's 426, it needs some layering to reach a true-to-pan color.
03. L'Oreal Infallible in Midnight Blue ($7): This one is the most pigmented out of the bunch. I've found the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows to be really pigmented overall. It has the same pressed creamy/powder texture of the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eyeshadows. I think it's a great formula but be aware that it's a bit more prone to fallout during application.
04. MAC Banafsaji ($15): This eyeshadow was part of MAC's Limited Edition Art of the Eye collection. I usually skip on all MAC LE collections but this color caught my eye too much. It has so much depth! It's actually similar to NYX Morocco in color and finish except that I find Banafsaji to have a stronger violet undertone.
05. NYX Morocco ($5): You can see a full review with a makeup look here. Morocco is so soft and beautifully pigmented. It does need some layering but it's still a great eyeshadow overall.
Giveaway Winner Announcement: My Dior Amber Diamond giveaway ended a few days ago. Thanks a million to everyone who entered!! I want to thank Sophie who tweeted everyday and Anna Wang who commented almost every day. I enjoyed reading your comments so much, Anna! They were very well thought out! Without further ado, the winner is Johanna B, entry #4743! Congratulations!! :D I've already emailed you about your address so please get back to me so I can send you your prize.
On the topic of giveaways, I noticed that my giveaway with the most entries was the Win Your Choice of a MAC Lipstick & Tarte Blush. In the future I think I'm going to do all of my giveaways that way. It's more fun to pick your own prize and it doesn't exclude people who might already have the prize that is being given away. What do you guys think?