Hi, beauties! Hope you had a nice weekend. Today I'm finally posting a haul I mentioned months ago. I'm a bit behind on my scheduled posts. It's gotten to the point where the older posts get more and more forgotten as I write new ones. I also haven't posted a Try It Out Thursday post in ages (although I've wanted to). I've gotten new readers since my last one (which was in May) so I assume a lot of you don't even know what those are. If you remember them then thank you for sticking with my blog all this time!
I reviewed the Lovely ME:EX Milky Tints a while back. I got them from The Face Shop while I was in New York. The Face Shop is originally a Korean cosmetics retailer which is popular all over Asia. Before going to New York I had never heard of it before. I then found out you can find all the products sold at The Face Shop on eBay for a much lower price (and from sellers I trust and have bought from before). Oh, well! I had fun going into The Face Shop because they have testers for every single product.
Also, in my Chit Chat: Blog Love, Behind The Scenes post I showed a picture of my blog photo setup while I was in New York. That was from a few months back. Some of you thought I was currently in NY so I apologize if I wrote it in a confusing way. :)
Since I've had these products for over 3 months now, I'm going to write a short review about each one. So this is a haul/collective review.
01. Lovely Me:Ex Angel Skin Foundation ($9): I love the packaging of this foundation. I actually prefer foundations that come in squeeze tubes vs. glass jars with pumps. The texture is nice and it's easy to blend. It has my favorite type of coverage, light-medium. The finish is semi-matte. The downside is that it doesn't look too nice on my dry bits. Or should I say bit? I only get dry/textured skin between my eyebrows. It's such a strange place to get dryness.
Would I repurchase? No.
02. Face It Designing Cake Eyebrow Kit in Khaki Grey ($9): I've used this kit tons. It has two grey toned powders for filling in eyebrows. It also comes with a mini spoolie and angled brush. The angled brush isn't the best, but it's great in a pinch. This is perfect if you have very dark hair like mine. My hair isn't black but it's such a dark brown that any warm-toned brow product looks very out of place.
Would I repurchase? Yes.
03. Lovely Me:Ex Milky Tints for Cheeks/Lips in Baby Peach and Baby Pink ($5.20): I have a more in-depth review here. Basically, they give you the natural glow-from-within of a cheek stain without the patchiness and blending difficulty. Love them! Many Asian brands do jelly stains so I might get more in the future.
Would I repurchase? Yes!
04. Shisem False Lashes ($5): I haven't actually used these. They have a little bit of glitter and are so pretty that I'm just waiting for the right occasion to use them.
05. Lovely Me:Ex Tint Lip Balm in Pink Cherry ($10): How adorable is this?! I have enough balms but I couldn't pass this one up. The pink cherry will get ruined with use, of course, but since it's more raised than the red jelly it will actually keep its integrity for a few uses. This smells really nice, has nice pigmentation, and I like that I can customize the color by picking more of the pink or the red.
Would I repurchase? Yes. It's just too cute.
If you would like to see most of these products in action have a look at my Get Ready With Me ft. The Face Shop video.