Hi, beauties! Here is my third installment of the color nail polish spotlight. I previously showcased blue and lilac shades. Now it's time for hot pink/reds/maroons. For some reason these seem really festive to me. Probably because half of them are holiday limited edition shades. Also, for some reason I'm very loyal to my pastel and vampy shades year round and seem to only wear red on my nails during December. So weird. Let me know if you're the same.
01. Essence Colour & Go in Naughty Pink ($2): I got this nail polish from Marilou since Essence products aren't available in my country. It's a yellow based, watermelon fuchsia. Like a MAC Impassioned in a bottle? I'm so impressed by how easy this formula goes on considering Essence polishes are so affordable.
02. Revlon in Cherries in the Snow ($5): Were any of you aware there was a nail polish version of the gorgeous Cherries in the Snow lipstick? Well, it's the same beautiful raspberry color as the lipstick. Both are a must have (specially the lipstick!)
03. China Glaze in Mrs. Claus ($4): This is a holiday color, of course. It's one or two years old. It's such a fun glitter and it needs no base color as it is quite opaque. You won't need more than three layers. I have a post featuring all the colors I own from that collection here.
04. Revlon in Ruby Slippers ($5): I bought this nail polish for a candy cane manicure about two Halloweens ago. It's not the best formula-wise, but it makes for some lovely combinations when paired with the right polish.
05. China Glaze in Phat Santa ($4): This is from the same holiday collection as Mrs. Claus. (I just checked, it was the Holiday 2010 collection, damn I'm old.) That collection was flawless, seriously. This is one of the best reds I've ever used. It's so creamy and long-wearing. It almost feels like a jelly/creme polish.
06. Sally Hansen in Haute Chocolate ($2): I think this is one of the most perfect fall polishes there is. Just looking at it makes me think of toffee-flavored hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkled on top (yum!)
07. Orly in Rock the World ($10): This has a similar concept to Haute Chocolate except the gold glitter is much more pronounced. It's more festive and fun. The formula is a bit better than Haute Chocolate's. I love them both though.
What are your favorite red or hot pink nail polishes? Also, happy Monday! I hope your week starts well. Tomorrow it'll be October!!