This post is part of a sponsored collaboration between Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena.
I'm back with another Neutrogena collaboration and this time around we're getting ready for the holidays. This makeup look is great for all types of holiday parties (events or dinners) because it's versatile. It's dressy but subtle and excludes the typical red lipstick. Red lips for the holidays are great but can be high maintenance when eating or drinking. Plus, they're out of some people's comfort zone. Keep reading to see what products I used to achieve this #NTGHolidayBeauty look.
1. Dewy skin: A foundation with a dewy finish can be very forgiving on dry winter skin. Try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. I used the color Light Beige.
2. A shimmer party on the eyes: Use a metallic or shimmery cream eyeshadow as a base (like the Neutrogena Crease Proof Eyeshadow in Lasting Taupe). Use a similar powder eyeshadow on top and don't be afraid of adding some black eyeshadow on the outer corners.
3. Long lashes: Full lashes can really transform a makeup look from everyday to glamorous. Use just mascara (like the Neutrogena Healthy Lengths) or add false lashes as well.
4. Glossy lips: A glossy lip color or balm is great for dinner events because it fades flatteringly. No patchiness or obvious bleeding. A peachy pink color is a nice break from the typical holiday reds. Try the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks in Sweet Papaya or Juicy Peach.
5. Bedtime cleanse: After a night of fun, quickly remove the toughest makeup with Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes. After that, remove the rest of the residue with a traditional cleanser.
Tip: When using dark or glittery shadows, try applying your foundation last so the eyeshadow fallout doesn't stick to your face.
What makeup looks are you planning to wear for upcoming holiday events? Are you going to go for the typical red/vampy lips or do you prefer subtler lip colors?
If you're looking for a new beauty read, check out Laura's blog Lipstick Mysteries.