I was playing around with my Balm Voyage Palette from The Balm (kindly gifted to me by Lau) and came up with this makeup look. It's an exceptional palette and I will be reviewing it in the future. When I was doing my makeup I was not thinking of the Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie but when I was looking at the pictures in my camera it's what came to mind. The eye makeup reminds me of a subdued ("wearable") fire. So I decided to name it catching fire because I had no idea what else to name it anyway.
1. Inner lid: I highlighted my inner corners with D3, a taupe-champagne shimmery color, and also applied it heavily on the first half of my lid.
2. Outer lid: I used C4, a maroon-burgundyish glittery color, on the outer half of the lid. I used a fluffy brush to help the colors on the lid transition smoothly.
3. Outer V: I used A4, a satin charcoal color, to create a V shape on the outer part of the eyes. I used a blending brush to sweep it along half of the crease as well.
4. Transition: Since black is a harsh color I used a light matte brown, C3, to blend the eyes above the crease.
5. Brow Bone: To further help the transition and to highlight my brow bone, I used B1, a matte bone color, under my eyebrows.
To be honest I don't remember which blush or lip color I used! Eeek. I probably used the lip/cheek in the color Captain that comes in the palette. On second thought, it might have been Bobbi Brown's Rose Pot Rouge cream blush.
Let me know what you think of this makeup look. Also, did you already watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire? Have a nice week, lovelies. Good luck to anyone that has final exams soon.
If you're looking for a new beauty read, check out Laura's blog Lipstick Mysteries.