This post is part of a compensated collaboration between Latina Bloggers Connect and Mary Kay.
Spring is upon us! To commemorate spring makeup and trends, I was asked to recreate one of the two looks from Mary Kay that were featured in the March 7th issue of People en Español. The looks revolved around natural pastel shades and were created by celebrity makeup artists Virginia Linzee and Mariela Bagnato. The look I decided to recreate is this one. On the Mary Kay website you can watch a video of makeup artist Mariela creating this look on the model. Also, keep reading towards the end of the post to find out how you can win all of the products I received to create this look.
This makeup look is a lot more natural than what I usually go for but I understand the less-is-more mentality for spring. The main points are soft and smokey caramel-bronze eyes, neutral lips, and peachy cheeks. Here are the products I used to create my version of the look. Most of these were also used on the model:
1. Mary Kay Powder Brush from their Brush Collection.
2. Mary Kay Foundation Brush. I used this to apply two layers of their CC cream.
3. Mary Kay Bronzing Powder in Med/Dark. I was very generous with this. I used it to give myself an all-around tan and contour the sides of my face.
4. Mary Kay Translucent Powder Mini. Once my face makeup was done, I used the Powder Brush to set my makeup.
5. Mary Kay Eyeliner in Deep Brown. I used this to line my waterline and add definition to my upper lash line.
6. Mary Kay Compact. I used the color Moonstone on the inner half of the lid and Copper Glow on the outer 'V'. To highlight my inner corners, I applied a bit of Crystalline. From this compact I also used their shimmery peachy-pink blush.
7. Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Au Natural. A very natural pink gloss that goes well with the blush. This is the same color the model is wearing.
8. Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black. No look is complete without defined lashes. Lash Love provides a very subtle, everyday effect.
9. Mary Kay CC Cream in Light Medium. The coverage is light and the finish is luminous.
10. Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia. I was actually very excited to receive a second bottle of this since I love using it for school or nighttime events because it helps my makeup last longer.
Mary Kay has also offered to give one reader the exact same Pretty Pastels package I received to recreate this look. The giveaway rules, conditions, and forms of entry are located in the Rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. I apologize to my international readers, but this is the sponsor's rule and they're shipping the prize directly to you. The giveaway ends on March 21st. Good luck!
Giveaway Prizes, all from Mary Kay:
01. Bronzing Powder in Light/Med - $18
02. Bronzing Powder in Med/Dark - $18
03. Translucent Powder Mini - $16
04. Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush - $12
05. Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia - $18
07. Lash Love Mascara in Black - $15
10. NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Au Natural - $14
11. Mary Kay Compact - $18
12. CC Cream in Light Medium and Medium Deep - $20
13. Oil Free Makeup Remover - $15
14. Brush Collection - $55
15. Liquid Foundation Brush - $10
Looking for a new beauty blog to read? (More on advertising)