As promised, here is my IMATS haul. If you want to compare it to my IMATS wish list, go ahead and check that out here. IMATS is pretty amazing. Great shopping, amazing makeup demos, and some really knowledgeable speakers. I think anyone who's a beauty blogger, vlogger or enthusiast should go at least once in their life.
I can't remember off the top of my head all of the discounts offered right now, but generally brands offered 20-40% off. The most common discount was 30% off, I think. Inglot was offering 30%, OCC was selling their Lip Tars for $10 (retail price $18), and Make Up For Ever offered a 40% discount for pros and 20% for non-pros. I really liked that vlogger meetups were held in a separate area from the shopping booths so there was a lot of room to walk around. Although, there were a few vloggers at the Sigma booth and it had a crazy long line. I wasn't planning to get anything from Sigma so that didn't affect me but if you do go to IMATS and want to shop at Sigma but not take pictures or get vlogger autographs, I suggest shopping online and using a 20% off code.
1. NYX False Lashes in EL208 Baby J: I didn't know NYX made falsies. These seemed super cute and I love when lashes flare out towards the ends.
2. Make Up For Ever Camouflage Concealer Palette in n.3: This is a purchase I am majorly beating myself over because I already own their Concealer Palette in n.1 and it is exactly the same as this one except for one shade. Why they would release palettes with so many repeated colors is beyond me, but I'm the bigger idiot for not realizing it and purchasing it.
3. Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder: I've used it three times and I really really like it. I will do a full review in the future.
4, 5, 6. OCC Lip Tars in Hush, Traffic, and Tarred: For years and years I had wanted to try Lip Tars and I finally did. I've only used Hush so far and found it somewhat dry. I've only used it once and need to play around with it more. Still, I'm looking forward to getting more colors (specially the non-traditional ones) for mixing.
7. Lit Cosmetics Lit Kit in Champagne Wishes: In order to stay within budget, I held off from buying too much glitter but it was so difficult! There were so many gorgeous glitter options everywhere!
8. Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Cowgirl: This is a very chunky, metallic copper glitter that I just can't wait to use! IMATS caused a glitter frenzy in me. Plus I had always wanted to try Lit.
9. Make Up For Ever HD Second Skin Cream Blush in Tangerine (515): As you know I'm a cream blush fanatic so I had to try MUFE's new offerings. This color screams summer! I love orange on the cheeks.
10, 11, 12. Inglot Eyeshadow Refills in #423, #344, and #353: I wanted some eyeshadows for my Inglot Freedom Palette so I put together a plum/burgundy toned trio. I love these eyeshadows and will have a review and makeup look post in the future.
13. NYX Powder Blush in Taupe: Andrea put this into my basket and told me I needed it. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like the perfect neutral/cool contour color. A lot of people love it and I know I will too.
14. Make Up For Ever Aqua Seal: I love creating unique eyeliner colors using eyeshadows (see this post) and a few of you suggested the MUFE Aqua Seal or Illamasqua Sealing Gel for this purpose. This product will also come very handy in my kit.
15. Sigma E25 Blending Brush: I got the Sigma free sample bag even though I didn't purchase anything from their booth (lol) and it included a few things. The one I was most excited about was this brush which is a dupe for the MAC 217. I've used this and it's actually really good.
16. Inglot Powder Blush in 20: I wanted to try an Inglot blush because Inglot is a high-quality affordable brand but so far I had only tried their eye products. I also wanted a milky pink blush in a round pan that I could depot into my blush palette.
17. NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream: I'm not a lip gloss girl but these glosses are so hyped up that I had to try one for myself!
18. Make Up For Ever Cake Eyeliner: I've already tried this and it takes a little bit of getting used to. I've wanted a cake eyeliner for a long time because it gives you a finish that is a cross between gel and liquid liner. The biggest upside is that it doesn't dry out because you activate it with water whenever you need to use it.
19. OCC Creme Colour Concentrate in Pleasure Model: I think I found in this the prettiest cream highlighter ever. It's a delicate pearly, pale champagne pink.
20. Make Up For Ever Artisan Brush in 156: I already own two other MUFE Artisan Brushes. They are expensive as heck, but so beautifully crafted and high quality. If you have a discount and can get these at a cheaper price, I highly recommend them!
Let me know if there are any products you would like to see reviewed first! Have a great day! :)
Are you looking for a new beauty blog to add to your reading list?