Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with NEUTROGENA® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
I realize sharing bare-faced selfies isn't the most comfortable thing to do. Specially now when so many social media pictures get filtered and edited. The #NeutrogenaSelfie campaign is encouraging latinas (and all women) to embrace their individual beauty and bare skin through selfies. The biggest hurdle when it comes to feeling confident sans makeup is embracing your skin. And that is why it's important to have a steady skincare routine.
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes Pink Grapefruit for Acne-Prone Skin
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
The Neutrogena® Pink Grapefruit Line features products that treat and help prevent breakouts and blackheads while delivering naturally derived grapefruit extract and vitamin C.
Cleansing is essential to clear skin. If you don't cleanse properly, dirt, sebum, and pollution will keep building up throughout the week. Also, cleansing is not the same as removing your makeup. Makeup removers don't cleanse the skin. You still have to cleanse after you've used a makeup wipe or makeup remover in order to remove the residue left behind.
With that in mind, here are my five tips for selfies:
1. Mind your background. A messy or cluttered room/bathroom distracts and takes away from the focus of the picture-- you.
2. Make sure you are facing the light. Natural lighting is the most flattering lighting, period. Regardless of the type of lighting, make sure it is shining directly on your face (not sideways or from behind) to avoid unflattering shadows.
3. Know your angles. The most flattering angle for people, generally, is achieved by taking pictures slightly from above or straight ahead. Avoid taking or angling pictures from anywhere below your nose.
4. Incorporate special guests. Selfies are more fun with friends or loved ones!
5. Have fun with it. To me, selfies aren't about vanity, but about remembering or celebrating yourself at a certain moment in time or about sharing a memory with the world. Do what you want with it!
I'm going to be sharing a series of selfies on my Instagram account throughout the week. They will represent the selfie tips given above. Also, Neutrogena is holding a giveaway where you can win 1 of 3 individual consultations and a year's supply of Neutrogena products valued at $1,000. The giveaway ends on August, 29th. To enter all you have to do is share a selfie on Instagram using the hashtag #NeutrogenaSelfie. Then, enter your info on the Rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is U.S. only (sorry, but the sponsor sets the rules and provides the prizes).
a Rafflecopter giveaway