All About Pinks: Lipstick
Hi, lovelies! Today I’m continuing my posts on my lipstick collection. I previously swatched my red lipsticks here and my nudes here. Now it’s time for pinks! The majority of my lipsticks are pink shades. I think that might be the case for most of you as well seeing as pinks are very flattering. By the way, in the first picture there are 18 lipsticks. I forgot to swatch one from Maybelline, oops! Hope you find some lipsticks that appeal to you. I’d love to hear about your favorite pink shades!
1. MAC “Impassioned“: A super popular MAC color. It’s amazingly gorgeous and bright. It’s a watermelon pink. I have a picture of it one my lips here.
2. Bettina “Viva“: This color is bright! It’s a fuchsia pink that leans a little towards purple.
3. Too Faced “Fuchsia Shock“: This is my most recent addition. I reviewed it here. It’s a sheer and creamy hot pink.
4. Bobbi Brown “Pink Peony“: A warm toned pink that looks subtle on the tube but goes on a little bright on the lips. I reviewed this lipstick here.
5. Revlon “Sweet Tart” Lip Butter: One of my favorites! The color is perfection, like a cotton candy or Barbie pink. Since it’s sheer it’s very wearable.
6. Wet ‘n’ Wild “Smokin’ Hot Pink” 905D: This color is a gorgeous rich raspberry. The only thing that really bothers me is the packaging. The lipstick doesn’t fully retract so it gets messy. Plus, the name of the lipstick is on the plastic wrapper that you throw away so you are only left with a sticker that says the number.
7. Wet ‘n’ Wild “Wine Room” 906D: I’m terrible at describing shades. This looks like a less intense “Smokin’ Hot Pink”. The color is really pretty. Wet ‘n’ Wild has a very nice selection.
8. Maybelline “Pink Me Up” 045: This one is lovely because it’s pretty neutral. Maybelline has some great lipsticks. My only complaint is the really strong “lipstick” scent they have.
9. Maybelline “Make Me Pink” 135: This is really similar to “Pink Pout” (#11) except it’s not matte and isn’t as bright in person.
10. Revlon “Primrose“: This really cool toned. I don’t dare to wear it that often because it contrasts with my skin a lot, but the color is gorgeous.
11. Revlon “Pink Pout“: I’ve found some mattes from Revlon to be really dry but this one is very nice. This color is really intense on the lips. I love wearing it with purple eyeshadow for nights out.
12. Illamasqua “Obey“: Gorgeous color, terrible texture. I kept it because I lost the receipt so I can’t return it. I make it work by slathering on lip balm and dabbing it with my fingers instead of applying from the tube. Review here.
13. Wet ‘n’ Wild whoknows: I have no idea what this one is called. The sticker with the number fell off. I think it might have been “Just Peachy” or “Think Pink”. Anyways, it’s very pretty. I wore it in my latest FOTD.
14. MAC “Fan Fare“: This is a really nice everyday pink. Not too light and not too dark. I’ve swatched it on my lips in this post.
15. MAC “Angel“: One of my favorites for sure. I see why it’s so popular. It’s sheer and not overly cool toned so many people can pull it off. Lip swatch here.
16. Revlon “Strawberry Shortcake” Lip Butter: This color is so pretty! I love Lip Butters, I haven’t found one I completely dislike yet.
906dbettinabobbi browncollectionfuchsia shockillamasquaimpassionedlipstickMACmaybellineobeypink peonypink poutprimroserevlonstrawberry shortcakeswatchsweet tarttoo facedwet n wild