Drugstore Hits, Misses, and Competents
I had never published a Drugstore Hits and Misses on my blog before. I enjoy watching/reading these videos/posts a lot but usually don’t have enough products to create one myself. This time I have a few and they fall into three categories: like, dislike, and indifferent. Admittedly, this is an old post that I had already photographed but never got around to writing so most of these products have been featured here already. My opinions on them haven’t changed and I will link to individual reviews below.
1. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Caramel Cool, $7 [HIT]: Oh, my god. I still stand by my statement that I believe this is the prettiest Color Tattoo in existence. Sadly, it was limited edition. Maybelline released it as part of their Dare to Go Nude collection. However, a friend of mine recently told me that she bought some shades from this collection at Walgreens and that she found them in their clearance pile. If you don’t want to try your luck, you could always check on Amazon or eBay.
2. Wet’n’Wild Color Icon Glitter Singles, $1 [MISS]: The colors I have are Brass and Groupie. I have a full review of these in the works but to put it simply, they crease and feel greasy. I do not recommend these at all. Save your dollar towards something else.
3. Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Paint, $5 [MISS]: I have a review of this as well so I won’t rant about it again. I find it dry, patchy, and not worth the money. My aversion towards this thing is strong. The color shown here is Pomegranate.
4. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms, $9 [HIT]: There’s a reason these lipsticks have made their rounds. They are pigmented, creamy, affordable, and come in a beautiful selection of colors. The color shown here is Complex. See my original review here.
5. Wet’n’Wild Walking The Red Carpet Palette, $5 [HIT]: I believe this has been one of Wet’nWild’s best palettes to date. The texture and pigmentation are good but what really sells it is the color selection. The neutrals and golds here are gorgeous. Sadly this was limited edition too but I’m sure you could still find it on Amazon.
6. Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadow, $4 [HIT]: I love Milani but I didn’t really know what to expect from these. Luckily, they are really rich, pigmented, and easy to wear. Really really good eyeshadow formula from the drugstore. Well done, Milani! The colors shown are Bella Gold and Bella Navy.
7. NYX Infinite Eyeshadow Pencils, $9 [COMPETENT]: When I reviewed these I talked about some of their positive qualities like good pigmentation and crease-resistance. However, I mentioned that I find these to be too dry for my liking. Considering there are better options at the same price range (like the Milani ShadowEyez Eyeshadow Sticks and the Jordana Made To Last Pencils), there’s no need to put up with a less-than-excellent texture.
8. Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks, $9 [COMPETENT]: I like these but I’m not wowed by them. I wish the pigmentation was a bit better so they didn’t require layering. The staying power could also be improved. Apart from that, they get the job done.
9. NYX Hot Single Eyeshadows, $4.50 [HIT]: At some point I will make a blog post on all of my NYX Hot Singles, but for now trust me on this– they’re great. I love that they’re round and can be depotted in the same way as a MAC eyeshadow. I’ve already put all of mine into my MAC Pro Palettes. If you wait for a sale you can get these for about $3 which is really cheap!
I hope you liked this new type of post. Tell me if you’ve tried any of the products mentioned above. What did you think of them?