Etude House Sweet Recipe Haul
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me. Post contains affiliate links.
Hello, beauties! You have no idea how excited I am to share this haul. As some of you may know, Korean makeup brand Etude House released a new collection called Sweet Recipe. It has to be the most adorable collection I’ve ever seen. Everything is reminiscent of candy and sweets. I was going to wait and order from the MAC Sweet Temptations collection but then I said “Nah, this is much better!” The nail polishes from this collection (the ones shaped like ice cream cones) are very popular too. I’ve seen them all over Instagram. I ordered one nail polish and the Chocolate Eyes eyeshadow trio from a different seller so I don’t have them with me yet. Oh, yes, I got these from eBay. The seller was excellent and sent me a bunch of free samples. 22 days went by from the moment I ordered these until they arrived. I think that’s fine considering the shipping was free and it traveled from Korea all the way to the Caribbean.
01. Chocolate Highlighter ($15): This thing is adorable, it looks like an edible bar of white chocolate. Sadly, the packaging is made of really flimsy cardboard. It’s almost paper thin. I dented it while trying to open it for the first time. Plus, the ends are sealed with a tape that rips off the printed design when you try to take them off 🙁
02. Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color in Strawberry Chiffon Cake ($9): I love creamy lip/cheek products so I had to get one of these. It’s really creamy and sheer, it reminds me of the MUA Cream Blushers. It has a really sweet scent but it’s not overpowering. You’ll only notice it if you put your nose in it. My boyfriend did, he said it smells like peach.
03. Candy Stick Tinted Gloss in Strawberry Candy ($7): A lip balm shaped like a candy cane, can you just imagine popping this out in public and reapplying? Out of all the products, this one is the most novelty-like. It doesn’t have very much product and the twist-up mechanism feels cheap (mine broke already). It doesn’t taste too nice either.
04. Baby Choux Base in Mint ($14): The Baby Choux Bases are whipped facial primers that come in three colors (Mint, Berry, and Peach). I got the Mint one for redness. I haven’t used this product yet but the packaging is lovely! The bottle is frosted glass so it feels heavy and sturdy. It also comes with a spatula to scoop out product.
05. It’s Skin Macaron Lip Balm in Strawberry ($9): This isn’t from Etude but I also picked it up because it’s adorable! I have enough lip balms to last me a lifetime now. It’s quite fragrant and it actually reminds me of what Bourjois Healthy Mix products smell like.
06. Sweet Recipe Chocolate Smudge Liner in Dark Chocolate ($8): I had been looking for a brown cream liner for a while and now I have one shaped like a chocolate truffle! Haven’t used this one yet either but I don’t even want to dip my brush in it! It’s like it’s too cute to ruin.
Sorry if this post was gushy! Everything is just so adorable! Have you ordered any Etude Sweet Recipe products? Do you often order beauty items off eBay? Have a nice weekend!
Edit: To read a full review of these products plus swatches click here.
asian makeupbaby choux basecandy stickchocolate highlighterchocolate smudge linercupcake all over coloretude househaulsweet recipe