This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
During the fall we tend to see a lot of makeup looks that include dark lips (deep berry, plum, burgundy, black, and brown are all popular colors during these months). I know some people are not yet comfortable with wearing bold lip colors so I’m going to show you an alternative look that still feels dark and autumnal. All the products used are drugstore products from Maybelline
that can be easily obtained at your local Walmart
store. It just so happens that most of my makeup looks during the fall end up looking something like this one. I tend to wear darker and smokier eyeshadows during the fall (like most of you) so by the time I’m finally done blending those eyeshadows, I have to run out the door and don’t have time to carefully apply a dark lip. Thus I end up slapping on a nude lipstick instead. Anyway, I hope you like this!
1. I started by perfecting my face with the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in 200 Creamy Natural and then set the foundation with the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in 40 Nude. I also prepped my lips with their Baby Lips Minty Sheer Lip Balm.
2. Usually, it is best to do the eyes first and foundation last when working with such dark eyeshadows. However, since I used a cream base on the eyes, I didn’t experience fallout. I applied the Tough as Taupe Color Tattoo on the lid and the Beige-ing Beauty Color Tattoo on the inner corners.
3. Using the leftmost color of the Maybelline Eyestudio Smokey Night Eyeshadow Quad, I blended the color on my lid and bottom lashline with a fluffy eyeshadow brush.
Using the new Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara in Very Black
, which has the only cup shaped bristle wand in the market and a shiny wet formula that creates a volumizing effect on the lashes, I layered two coats to try and get as much volume as possible without the hassle of false lashes.
5. Strong brows are needed with dark smokey eyes because they tend to get lost in the makeup. I brushed mine upwards and shaped them using a small angled brush and the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brow. Tip: You can dip a brush into the brow mascara and use it like a long lasting brow pomade.
6. Finally, I applied a healthy dose of blush using the Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Just-Pinched Pink. I used this on both cheeks and lips.