Hello, beauties! I haven’t done a Product Spotlight in ages (since my Face Products post) so I decided to assemble one and give concealers some love. I didn’t title this post “My Favorite Concealers” because truthfully (spoiler alert) I could live without the Maybelline The Eraser. However these five concealers (technically six) are the ones currently on “rotation” in my makeup collection. Why do I need so many concealers open at the same time? Who knows. It’s a beauty junkie thing, but it does have it’s perks and justifications. They all vary in coverage and consistency.
If a concealer just doesn’t work or I don’t get on with it well, I retire it (i.e. throw or give it away). I haven’t tried that many concealers in my lifetime (it takes so long to use one up!) but there have definitely been some that I haven’t liked (the Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi or Sephora Creamy Concealer for example). The ones I’m showcasing today all fall into the average, good or great category which is why they made it into my rotation. Here’s what I think about them….
01. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4): Sandra sent me this in a swap (bless her). It’s such a hyped concealer and I think it’s really good. I have to work with this fast because it sets quickly, but once it’s on it does not budge. They coverage is really good, I’d say medium-full.
02. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (£8): I also got this one from Sandra. It’s been featured in my blog a few times. It smells delicious and blends easily. I’d say its somewhat moisturizing and has medium coverage.
03. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer ($9): Since it’s a stick concealer, it’s a bit thicker and creamier than the rest. Still it’s quite easy to work with and easy to blend. I’ve used this one a ton. It’s nice under the eyes but I love it most on blemishes. Since it’s a cream it really disguises texture well.
04. MAC Mineralize Concealer ($20): I have a full review on this one already (click here to read it) so I won’t repeat myself too much. In a nutshell, it’s the most moisturizing of the bunch. I love using it when my skin is dry or with a good coverage foundation because the coverage is light.
05. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer ($9): This one I like but I’m not blown away. I would repurchase every concealer mentioned except this one. It’s not hard to blend and it doesn’t crease but I don’t love the formula. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it sits on top of the skin or looks cakey but it doesn’t “melt” into your face like the other ones. I also dislike the applicator because it’s hard to tell how much you have dispensed and I always end up dispensing more than I need. This creates a gunky buildup on the brush. It takes getting used to, I guess.
I always knew that my concealers varied in color but I never knew it was such a noticeable difference until I swatched them side by side. I was truly amazed! They all suit me really well (expect the Maybelline Eraser and MAC NC20 which I can’t use when I’m really tanned). I left them on my arm for some time while I got my camera and noticed how much the Collection and Bourjois concealers oxidized. That’s something I have never noticed happen on my face.
Lightest Coverage: Maybelline Eraser and MAC Mineralize
Medium Coverage: Bourjois Healthy Mix
Medium Buildable to Full: Revlon PhotoReady and Collection Lasting Perfection
Longest Wearing: Collection Lasting Perfection
Good On Dry Skin: MAC Mineralize and Bourjois Healthy Mix
Crease Resistant: All
Repurchase: All except the Maybelline The Eraser
Hope you found this post useful. Please share your favorite concealers below! 🙂