Purple Purse Foundation Challenge + Coach Bag Giveaway on Twitter
Disclaimer: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Allstate Foundation® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Last year I wrote a very important post about domestic violence awareness during the month of October. I am once again teaming up with Allstate‘s Purple Purse Foundation to encourage conversations about the subject. Statistically, domestic violence affects 1 in every 4 women in her lifetime. The Purple Purse Foundation ignites fundraising for over 140 state, national, and local domestic violence organizations. In order to increase awareness, Allstate and Latina Bloggers Connect invite you to join today’s #PurplePurse Twitter Party where one grand prize winner will receive a Coach Bleecker Mini Duffle Bag which retails for $198.
Here are some important facts about domestic violence that everyone should know:
– Most people instantly think of physical violence when it comes to domestic abuse, but financial abuse happens in 98% of cases and is one of the most powerful ways to keep a victim trapped.
– The number one reason domestic violence survivors stay in an abusive relationship is that they don’t have the financial resources to break free.
– Financial abuse can be just as controlling as emotional and physical abuse; if a person’s credit is ruined, they have lost their job because of harassment or have been stripped of financial freedom then they will feel like they cannot escape.
– Domestic violence is not only physical, but can also exerted through manipulation, threats, isolation from friends or family, victim-blaming, blackmailing by using the couple’s children, restriction of economic freedom, etc.
– Since 2005, the Allstate Foundation has invested more than $40 million across the country to help domestic violence survivors regain their financial freedom.
To turn any purse into a Purple Purse, like I have, The Allstate Foundation is widely distributing Purple Purse charms so you can show your support and attach to your favorite bag year round. They are being distributed with inspiring survivor stories through Purple Purse Challenge participants and Allstate agency owners. Above is Brandy’s story, which came with my Purple Purse charm.
Remember to join us today September 23rd, 2014 for the Domestic Violence Awareness #PurplePurse Twitter Party at 5pm PST/8pm EST! One grand prize winner will receive a Coach Bleecker Mini Duffle Bag (retail value of $198). Four winners will receive a $25 gift card with a #PurplePurse charm. RSVP by clicking here for a chance to be one of two winners to receive a $25 gift card!
Please help spread awareness to this issue and let others know about help available to victims of domestic abuse by sharing this post, visiting the Purple Purse website or joining the #PurplePurse conversation on Twitter. It only takes a few seconds.
As I final disclaimer, I realize this post is very female centric so it is important to recognize that males are also victims of domestic abuse. Thank you for your attention on this issue.