Review: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
Bare face (left), Pro Longwear (right)
Hi, beauties! I love doing foundation reviews because whenever I’m about to buy a new foundation I research it very thoroughly. Foundations are some of the most expensive makeup items so I think reviews are quite useful. I bought MAC Pro Longwear because I needed a foundation that wouldn’t transfer since I’m constantly touching my face (I just can’t help it!)
This foundation doesn’t run when you put it on the back of your hand (like Face & Body) which means it’s on the thicker side. However, I’ve worn this countless times and it doesn’t look cakey. It only looked cakey once and that’s because I applied too much.
It has a medium coverage. On my “better” skin days I don’t need to apply concealer over it. However, because it sets matte I don’t recommend layering it. It doesn’t build up well so if you want full coverage I recommend looking at something else.
This is where this foundation blows me away. It lasts so long that I can’t even tell you how long. I’ve worn it for 10 hours and it still looked the same as it did when I applied it. It has never failed me. It stays undisturbed until I decide to take my makeup off.
Pro Longwear sets fantastically. Once it sets it won’t transfer onto anything or anyone. I’ve even slept with it (terrible, I know) and it doesn’t transfer onto sheets or pillows.
- I really recommend always moisturizing before applying it. Since it’s matte and long-wearing the moisturizer helps with blending.
- I recommend it for: oily skin, humid climates. I don’t recommend it for: dry skin (since it sets completely it could grab onto dry patches)
- I never set this with powder because it doesn’t need it.
- For reference, I wear the color NC30 and my skin type is normal.
- It has SPF 10 (slight white cast in photos)
- It sets quickly so I recommend working quickly and/or in small sections
I really love this foundation. The reason it isn’t my go-to is that I don’t need my foundation to last 10+ hours on a daily basis. If I’m just going to be out for 4 hours there’s no need for me to wear Pro Longwear. It’s really suitable for long days at work, university, etc. I hope this was useful!