Review: Milani Black Cherry Lipstick
Hi, loves! I’ve been trying to hunt down some dark lipstick shades for the winter season. In my red lipsticks post a lot of you recommended 107 from the Kate Moss Rimmel collection. Sadly, last time I was at the drugstore I didn’t find that shade in particular. I saw that a lot of makeup items were on sale. Among them were most of the Milani lipsticks. I picked up the shade “Black Cherry” for 3 dollars (a steal!) and a lip liner which ended up being almost identical.
- The lipstick looks almost black on the tube, but the actual color is a deep berry red
- The formula is very thin, it feels soft on my lips and doesn’t dry them out
- Just like most dark lipsticks, the color lasts a long time and leaves a stain
- The lipstick feels great but since it’s so thin it shows lip imperfections and sometimes settles into lip lines quite visibly
- Note: I exfoliated my lips right before applying it because I read reviews that said it accentuated imperfections.
Left to Right: Jordana Lip Liner in Cabernet, Black Cherry, Black Cherry heavy swatch
Black Cherry Lipstick with Jordana Cabernet Lip Liner
Bottom Line: It’s an average to good lipstick. I really enjoyed wearing it, it’s beautiful. The only thing keeping it from being a great lipstick is that it settles into lines. Although it’s only noticeable from up close. Even at full price, the lipstick is still very affordable (prices vary but I’ve seen it retail for $5). It’s a great budget alternative if you’re looking for a vampy lipstick.