Sleek True Colour Lipstick in “Peaches & Cream”
I got this lipstick months ago because I was (am?) on the search for the perfect peach/apricot lipstick. I thought this would be it. I hated it at first because the formula is unflattering. It highlights all your lip imperfection and dry flakes. After a while I picked it up again because I really wanted to use it and made it work. Now I really love this lipstick! It’s not an effortless lipstick, I have to work for it to look good. I shouldn’t have to go through extra effort to make a lipstick work since there are many flawless formulas out there, but at least it does work and when it does it’s beautiful.
Left to Right: Bobbi Brown “Soft Coral”, NARS “Casablanca”, Sleek “Peaches & Cream”, Revlon “Tutti Frutti” Lip Butter
- The formula is difficult to work with. It highlights lip imperfections.
- I always have to use a lip scrub and then a lip balm before using this.
- I won’t fault the lipstick much because I love Sleek and this color is very hard to get right.
- The shade is a gorgeous peach/apricot. It’s very opaque and milky!
- It can be difficult to wear because it’s so light and opaque. If my skin was any more tan (like in the summer) I don’t think I’d be able to wear this.
- I love the tube, it’s short and chubby.
Overall, I give this a B. Beautiful color, pick it up if you’re into peachy shades (clearly I am, I have very similar orange lipsticks). I can’t give it an A because it accentuates dryness and needs prior exfoliation. I do love it because I haven’t come across another peach lipstick that is this opaque. My lips are brown toned so shades like this turn orange or maroon if they’re sheer.