Revlon Just Bitten Kissable vs. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint
When the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains came out everyone said they were dupes for the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints and the Clinique Chubby Sticks. Sadly, I don’t own any Chubby Sticks so I can only compare Tarte and Revlon. These products are almost identical. They’re both twist-up balm stains with overly long names 🙂
I own only 1 Tarte lip tint because they’re pretty expensive. I have 3 Revlon stains but I’m going to be comparing the a red color from each brand. Here are my thoughts on both products:
- The Revlon formula is a little thicker and waxier. It’s not drying, but certainly not hydrating. I disagree with the balm labeling.
- The Tarte formula is thin (like an actual lip balm). It’s moisturizing and can actually serve as a balm for me.
- Both formulas are sheer but can be built up to get many looks.
- Both formulas have a peppermint oil and feel really nice on the lips
- Tarte is more expensive ($24). Revlon is $9-7 (depending on where you buy it)
- Both leave a gorgeous stain after the shine is gone.
- Both have a really pretty color selection.
Which one do I like better?
Tarte LipSurgence but only by a little.
The Just Bitten pencils are very nice products, but they don’t treat the lips. The Tarte pencil improves the condition of my lips (like an actual balm).
Which one would I actually repurchase?
The Revlon Just Bitten pencils because of the price difference. I can get about 4 Revlon pencils (with drugstore promotions and discounts) for the price of 1 LipSurgence!! Plus, I can just add a lip balm underneath if I wanted to treat my lips.
Bottom Line: If you don’t mind spending more money, I recommend Tarte because the formula is hydrating and the ingredients are nicer (jojoba oil, vitamin C & E, etc.) They also have a bigger color selection and diverse finishes (shiny, matte, shimmery). Honestly though, they are almost the same. They both feel very comfortable on the lips. I totally consider them dupes. I won’t be buying the Tarte ones again because they are so expensive.