For some reason I found several old posts in my drafts this past week. I’ve been slowly publishing some of them and I realize that this one was more appropriate in between autumn and winter but better late than never, right? I’m still wearing my dark lipsticks! Anyway, here are a few of my vampy shades (yep, I have more) ranging from $2 all the way up to $25.
01. Wet’n’Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Sugar Plum Fairy: Allegedly this is a dupe for MAC’s Rebel. I can’t say for sure because I don’t own that, but what I can say is that W’n’W lipsticks are long wearing and cheap! I recommend you give a few shades a try!
02. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Wine Not: Revlon’s matte formula isn’t always my favorite, sometimes it’s too dry on the lips. Regardless, Wine Not is a nice alternative if you’re looking for an affordable deep berry shade.
03. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Black Cherry: Dark colors can be unforgiving on chapped or dry lips but the Milani lipsticks have a very emollient formula. You would also like this if you’re not looking for something quite as matte.
04. Wet’n’Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Cherry Bomb: This color is gorgeous. If you’re looking for a cheap vampy red lipstick then Cherry Bomb is the one.
05. Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Rosary: Sadly this lipstick line (Painted Love) has been discontinued from the KVD range. I reviewed Rosary a long time ago and mentioned that the texture was stiff but that the thing wore for hours on end.
06. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen: I love this color because it’s very dark but has a noticeable hint of pink. The Soft Matte Lip Creams are affordable and have a great formula.
07. MAC Satin Lipstick in Film Noir: Out of all my dark lipsticks this one is probably the most unique thanks to its brown undertones. It may not suit everyone’s taste but I love it!
08. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania: I wore this so much during December. It’s one of the prettiest Lip Creams that NYX offers. It feels comfortable even on dry winter lips (like I had in the swatch).
09. Sephora Lip Cream in Dark Berry: The Sephora Lip Cream formula is one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I have ever encountered. I don’t know what’s up with this color, though. It’s no longer listed on their website and always seems to be sold out in stores. I’m been dying to get a backup since mine’s been hi-jacked by a friend. 😉
10. Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Pristine: And finally, a pure black lipstick. This one is pretty good albeit not flawless. Matte blacks are hard to master. Pristine works very well over black lip liner (aka eyeliner) which is something I didn’t do for these particular pictures.
As always, don’t be afraid to rock a dark bold lip. It’s just lipstick! It takes some getting used to but I promise you the only comments you’ll be getting are compliments (unless you’re at a stuffy family party or something, we’ve all been there).
What’s your favorite dark vampy lip color? Happy Friday!