Spotlight: Rose, Nude Pink Makeup
The last color centered spotlight post I did was on mauve. Today I will be showcasing rosy or nude pinks. My favorite place to wear nude pinks is on the nails and lips (hence why there are 3 lip products featured). As you can see from the picture, I favor a deeper tone for my complexion. None of these products are particularly light (maybe the blush) because otherwise they wouldn’t show up on my medium skintone. Still, I think rose pinks look gorgeous on everyone! You just have to find the right tone.
01. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Exposed ($24): I reviewed Exposed previously on my blog (click here to see the review). It looks somewhat brown on the tube but on the lips it’s much more pink. This is one of my favorite nude lip products and it looks really nice with BECCA’s Fallen Angel on top.
02. BECCA Ultimate Colour Gloss in Fallen Angel ($24): I’m not much of a lip gloss wearer so purchasing a pricey lip gloss is not something I do often (if ever). I got this as a gift with purchase and was actually quite glad. It has a non-sticky creamy formula. Glosses that tend to be milky, pigmented, and non-shimmery can sometimes settle unevenly on lip lines but this one does not. It also has the most delicious vanilla scent.
03. Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Tiramisu ($4): This color became quite popular overnight (and a bit difficult to track down as well) after Lisa Eldridge used it in one of her makeup tutorials (I think it was the Baby Bardot video). The color is lovely and the texture is really creamy, a total steal!
04. Hard Candy Fox in A Box Blush in Smooth Talker ($6): This adorable blush comes with 4 different colored squares. The color you get can be customized depending on which square you use most of. The overall feel of Smooth Talker is very warm toned and nude. I reviewed it recently here.
05. Stila Convertible Color in Peony ($20): When it comes to makeup, cream blushes are one of my true loves. The Convertible Colors have a great formula. Peony has a really pretty depth in color but it retains its rosiness without looking too brown. You can find a review and swatches here.
06. Aldo Nail Lacquer in Shy Rose ($5): Aldo stores are known for their shoes and bags, but their nail polishes are also quite nice. I like the way they’re packaged and have had good luck with the formula. I bought Shy Rose over a year ago and still love the color to bits. It’s a great work appropriate color without being the standard nude beige.
aldobeccaexposedfallen angelhard candypeonyproduct spotlightrimmelshy rosesmooth talkerstilatartetiramisu