The Grunge Look Using MAC Eyeshadows
Today’s look is partly inspired by the Olsen Twins’ usual messy boho-grunge makeup. A lot of grunge looks are very eyeliner centric. In general, the color scheme in grunge makeup consists of silver, black, and sometimes browns/plums. However, the Olsens favor coppery shades which look amazing against their green eyes. To achieve this on myself, I used a few eyeshadows from MAC, mainly Coppering and Twinx.
01. I started by applying the main color, Coppering, all over the lid without going above the crease.
02. To keep the eyes warm, I used Soft Brown (a red toned brown) on the crease.
03. I highlighted the highest point of my brow bone with Brule, a satin cream color.
04. Then I went to work on the lash lines. Grunge makeup is characterized by a heavy bottom lash line so don’t be afraid to smudge a lot of eyeshadow in there! On the bottom lash line I smudged a good amount of Coppering and went over it with Twinx to create a gradient.
05. On the upper lash line I applied some Twinx (a plum/brown) with a pencil brush and then used an angled brush to apply black eyeshadow as close to my lash line as possible.
06. To finish the look I lined my waterline with a black eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero) and applied mascara.
On my lips I’m wearing the e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Natural. Do you like to wear your makeup smoked out and grundy once in a while too?
Looking for new beauty blogs to read? (More on advertising)