Valentine’s Day and Button Swaps
Hi, beauties! I wanted to quickly wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day. I hope you have a lovely day with your friends, family, and loved ones. Thank your for all your support and your sweet comments on my blog! Pictured above are mini blueberry pies that I tend to make around Valentine’s every year. I’m definitely not a baker (pre made crust!) but I do like to occasionally make sweet treats for fun. I also wanted to mention that I’m looking for 3 bloggers to do a button swap with. If you’re interested please send me a message, tweet or leave a comment below. I’ve also edited this post to include the recipe for the blueberry pies. The amounts of each ingredient depend on your preference:
Recipe: Mini Heart Shaped Blueberry Pies
1 bag of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of sugar
A bottle of almond or vanilla extract
Premade Pie Crust
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small pan, simmer your blueberries, a few drops of extract, and sugar until they thicken. Taste it often to make sure it’s as sweet as you like it.
3. With your cookie cutters, cut heart shapes out of the premade pie crust. They should be cut in pairs (one piece for the top and one for the bottom).
4. Place a small amount of blueberry filling on the center of a heart. Place another piece of heart on top and seal the edges with your fingers (or press them with a fork).
5. Brush a bit of egg white on top so they golden brown in the oven.
6. Place your mini pies in the oven. Check them after 7 minutes. Baking times vary depending on your oven, mine were ready in 14 minutes.
Have a nice day! 🙂 Love,