Here are a few things I’ve been loving recently. I think I’m going to start doing this type of post instead of monthly favorites because at the end of the month I always forget what most of my favorites were. I’d also really love to know what you’re loving recently, tell me in the comments!
01. L’Oreal True Match Lumi + Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer: When I reviewed the L’Oreal True Match Lumi (review) a while back I said that the only things I would improve about it were the staying power and the sitting on top of the skin thing. I never use face primers because I feel like my other foundations don’t need it and I don’t like to add more steps (or products) to my makeup routine, BUT the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is brilliant paired with True Match Lumi. It extends the wear and makes it look more natural upclose. The foundation adheres to the primer instead of sitting on top.
02. L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream (review): Another L’Oreal face product! Like I said in my review, this doesn’t have any real Blemish Balm properties but it’s an amazing tinted moisturizer. It gives me enough coverage and sets matte so I don’t have to worry about transferring.
03. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (shade 53): I got this from my swap with Sandra and I know I’ll be gutted when I use it all up. This and the Collection Lasting Perfection have been my two go-to concealers. I actually think I like this better than the Lasting Perfection because it blends a bit easier and smells nice.
04. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: I always loved using this brush for highlighters and bronzers (contouring), but I recently tried it with cream blushes and really liked it! I used to apply my cream blushes exclusively with stippling brushes but this is a great alternative.
05. MAC Let’s Skate Pro Longwear Paint Pot (review): I’ve been using this so much since I got it! The glitter somehow reminds me of a snow fairy. It’s really pretty and delicate. Since the shimmer is so fine I find it very appropriate for daytime.
06. fresh Sugar Lip Treatments: I got these for free from Sephora back in December (as my complementary birthday gift). I’m glad because I would have never picked them out myself (I think $22 is too much for a lip balm). I get the hype around these now. They moisturize and restore my lips really well and smell delicious.
07. Pepperidge Farm Brussels: (Not sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, although I wouldn’t mind monthly boxes of these.) I’m addicted to Brussels! I think they are the most delicious mass produced cookie you can get at the supermarket. Sorry, Oreos! (So random, I know.)
08. Blogs I’ve Been Loving: Like I always say, you can check my sidebar or my blogroll to see blogs I frequent. Here are some recent loves: Makeup and Skincare Spot, Thrift Thick, Lipstick and Ponytails, Fairytales and Coffee, and Clear The Way.